RE: Schedule incoming external mail

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> I totally agree - this is not an effective means of antivirus protection,
> its placement would only be a means of reducing exposure.

I guess one key question is:  how important is email that comes in after
hours?  If you are certain that any email coming in at night is bogus,
and/or that any legit email tht comes in at night is OK to reject (100%
sure) then you could go down this route, I suppose.

Apart from palying games with scheduling services on the server itself,
you could consider getting an external firewall that blocks port 25 to the
server "outside hours".

best regards
Mike