RE: SSL & win2k3 & E2k3 & comcast

  • From: "Tony Anderson" <tandersn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:40:34 -0700

It's not a dns issue because simply removing SSL from the picture works
fine. Http://exchsrv2.cs.washington.edu = instant
https://exchsrv2.cs.washington.edu/exchange = delay. If it was a DNS issue,
it would be slow for both. Even after you connect, and get a DNS cache, it
is still slow. Plus, I added an entry directly to my HOST file. 3rd, I have
done a netmon capture, and you can see where the delays occur, and it's not
the initial portion of the conversation

I take ISP out of the picture by doing it at work, asking co workers with
DSL to try. I have comcast cable at home, and so do about 20% of the other
users on our network. All comcast users report problems, everyone else works
fine.

I did do a network monitor capture, I just took a deeper look and it appears
there is some connection trying to happen to destination port 443, which I
know COMCAST is blocking, so the problem is related to that I imagine.

I have 2 exchange servers, one is win2k & echc2k the other is win2k3 &
ech2k3. Some users on each (planning to move all users to new one, once I
solve this problem). Connecting to the older exchsrv works fine, even with
the SSL. Connecting to the new one has delays.

Is it safe to assume I have something misconfigured, that is telling OWA to
authenticate via port 443, where as the older one is not? I will look into
it.

Tony