RE: SSL & win2k3 & E2k3 & comcast

  • From: "Gabrie van Zanten" <gabrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:51:22 +0200

Hi

About the part where you talk about that comcast is blokking port 443.
To my knowledge, when you connect to port 80 to visit a website, your
own port nr is NOT 80, but something above 1024. When doing OWA, traffic
would look like this:

Home port 1099 -----------> request to OWA ------> port 80
OWA  port 80   -----------> reply to Home -------> port 1099

I don't think SSL is different in this. For each new SSL connection it
will use a new portnr. Otherwise it would be impossible to visit more
then one SSL site at the same time.

So COMCAST blocking 443, is not the issue I think. Maybe for incomming
to COMCAST they block 443, but that is not used in your connection. And
if they were blocking 443, there was no connection at all, also not
after 1minute wait.

Gabrie