Re: Relay Messaging

  • From: "Susan Tackett" <susan_tackett01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:09:24 -0400

I am having the same problem and believe it to be virus related; I was thinking it was KlexH, but have not been able to locate any viruses (other than the ones that have been quarentined by our virus software). I have run VirusScan on all of the computers in my company, but it is still occurring. Does anyone have any ideas on why it is happening or how to stop it?

Thanks for the help-

Susan

From: "Elias, Delores" <DELIAS@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Relay Messaging
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:30:31 -0400

http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

Hi All

We are having a strange problem here.  My manager has been getting emails
from an attorney in our firm that he has not sent to her.  It's usually a
spam email and when she opens it, the From and To line both have the
attorney's name.  We don't see her name anywhere.  Our consultant suggested
that it may be a relay issue, but I've turned relaying off and it's still
happening.  Also, email from this attorney has been sent to others in our
firm.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem?

Thanks,
Delores
The information supplied in this message may be legally privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, the sender does not intend
delivery to you to waive any privilege or right pertaining to this message.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return e-mail, and delete the errant message.  Thank you.