Outbound emails

  • From: Greg Hermida <ghermida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 16:09:24 -0500

I am running an Exchange 5.5 Enterprise with sp4 on a win2k server.  It is a
single site, single exchange server in a mixed mode NT4 domain.

I usually have a bunch of outbound messages stuck in the "Outbound awaiting
delivery" with no Originator header going towards various spam related
websites.  I manually delete hundreds of these out of the que several times
a day.  Is there a way to configure the exchange server not to accept any
email which has no Originator information?  I have relaying shut down tight.
I assume that these emails are the result of either a virus on an infected
pc here on our network or pc's with spyware loaded accidentally on them or
something of this nature.  If there was a way to lock down the exchange
server, is there a downside to this action?

thanks,

Greg
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential information and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized retention, review, printing, copying,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not one of the
intended recipients, please contact the sender by reply
email or phone, destroy all copies of the original message and keep the
information contained here confidential.