Name resolution of domain listed in email address

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:55:31 -0500

Say we have a customer whose domain name is abcd.com, therefore all mail
coming from their domain is username@xxxxxxxxx  Within this customer's site,
they have a unix server in a sub-domain called server.company.abcd.com .  It
became necessary to send mail from the unix server to a vendor outside their
domain.  Therefore, we created a custom recepient with the outside company's
address and made it a member of a distribution list so the unix server could
send the mail to a local email address, it would then go to the custom
recepient.

The problem is that the vendor who receives the email put in place a spam
filter that looks at the header and tries to resolve back to
server.company.abcd.com .  When it doesn't, the spam software blocks the
mail.  Does anyone have any ideas around this.  Personally, I think it's up
to the vendor's ISP to allow the mail as it is legitimate, but I'm willing
to listen to other ideas...

Thanks!

Paul Maglinger