Surfcontrol Email Filter

  • From: Chris Cerer <ccerer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:21:39 -0500

Ok, I have installed and configured surfcontrol. Installed on a separate
machine than my W2K/E5.5 mail server. My ISP is directing all mail for my
domain to external address xxx.xxx.xxx.51.  I have made changes in my
firewall to direct all SMTP traffic (port25) to the surfcontrol box.  Also,
have enabled a one-to-one NAT mapping for xxx.xxx.xxx.51 to the surfcontrol
box.  This mapping was set previously for the exchange server.  If this
mapping is not present, the mail won't flow.  Mail is going in and out,
surfcontrol is seeing all of it.  Here's my question:  Outlook web access
will not work now, and I cannot ping mail.mydomain.com or xxx.xxx.xxx.51
from an external client after changing the 1 to 1 NAT mapping.  I do have
internal DNS also.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris