Re: Message stuck in queue, keeps sending

  • From: "Rene Fourie" <craqon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:06:51 -0700

I think I have the problem, look at this:

(Posted here:
http://www.nicva.org/index.cfm/section/General/key/190805DupEmails )

The problem

An email from our chief executive was sent to around 300 recipients on
Thursday 18 August.

One of the recipients of this email had failed to add a critical software
update to their computer. The result was that their machine duplicated the
email from us and resent it many times to all the email addresses in the
original list.

This is due to a known problem with Microsoft software. Microsoft has
provided an update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: KB 835734 on
their website.

Patch is on :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7B1FF109-092E-4418-AA37-A53AF7B8F6FC&displaylang=en

I just need to trace the unpatched client, and contact their own IT staff.