Information Store service will not start if Inoculan is set to scan email

  • From: "Dee" <deea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:30:17 -0600

Windows 2000 Server SP3, Exchange 2000 SP2, InoculanIT 6.0.101

Did not notice the Mail Option was not running for InoculanIT 6.0 until
yesterday. I checked the box "Enable Mail Option" and rebooted server (had
to, it wouldn't start, kept stating "Note: Mail Option is not running").
When the server came up, the following service error occurred:

Event Type:            Error
Event Source:            Service Control Manager
Event Category:            None
Event ID:            7024
Date:                9/3/2003
Time:                5:22:46 AM
User:                N/A
Computer:            TSTA-S2
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with
service-specific error 0.

Microsoft states
[http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316650] the
registry setting should be set to 0 (which turns off the Inoculan Mail
Option) and then restart the service -- which worked -- but now the Virus
scanner is not scanning emails!

I have contacted Computer Associates, who is currently trying to duplicate
the problem. In the meantime, I have requested an upgrade CD to 7.0.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?