RE: Information Store service will not start if Inoculan is set to scan email

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:05:18 -0500

That was one of the problems I had w/ CA products (Arcserve & inoculan) is that
they just "stop working" and only start after reinstall.  I refuse to use
anything CA-branded in my environments anymore.

Regards,
Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.
7400 Alumax Dr.
Texarkana, TX  75501
Date:                9/3/2003
Time:                5:22:46 AM
User:                N/A
Computer:            TSTA-S2
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with
service-specific error 0.

Microsoft states
[http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316650] the
registry setting should be set to 0 (which turns off the Inoculan Mail
Option) and then restart the service -- which worked -- but now the Virus
scanner is not scanning emails!

I have contacted Computer Associates, who is currently trying to duplicate
the problem. In the meantime, I have requested an upgrade CD to 7.0.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?