Domain Controller Error

  • From: "Farhan Ahmed Khan \(ITG\)" <farhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:24:12 +0500

Hi,

I am placing a question which is not related to Exchange. Appreciated if
anyone can answer to this.

We have server 2003 domain controller, it was working perfectly fine,
but suddenly we started having two problems.

First: when I click on a OU and in group policy when I click on NEW it
says "You don not have permission to perform this operation" and in
details it says "Access is denied" and in event viewer event id 1030

Second: when I join a client machine to domain, suddenly the error msg
appears  " the following error occurred attempting to join the domain
abc.com "

Logon Failue:the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer.

I am unable to join the client machine to domain. Administrator account
is used to perform both the tasks.

Second problems appears after a long time, the first problem started.

Thanks

Farhan A. Khan

Systems Engineer

Multinet Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd

239 Staff Lines, Fatima Jinnah Road

Karachi

UAN : 92- 21-111021021 Ext 2044

Cell : 92-300-2279572 Fax : 92-21-5656480

E-Mail : farhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx