Re: Domain Controller Error

  • From: manju <manjunatha.bn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:51:51 +0530

Hi,

Make sure that administrator account is having enterprise admins
rights.If admin should be  a member of enterprise admins and schema
admins and domain admins to join a computer to domain.

Check with admin permissions, Remove any deny permissions for this guy.

send me a snapshot of error and few event ID's to troubleshoot.

Thank you
Manju
MICROSOFT INDIA
EMS-Support Engineer
On 10/7/05, Farhan Ahmed Khan (ITG) <farhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>

> Hi,
>
> I am placing a question which is not related to Exchange. Appreciated if
> anyone can answer to this.
>

> We have server 2003 domain controller, it was working perfectly fine, but
> suddenly we started having two problems.
>

> First: when I click on a OU and in group policy when I click on NEW it says
> "You don not have permission to perform this operation" and in details it
> says "Access is denied" and in event viewer event id 1030
>

> Second: when I join a client machine to domain, suddenly the error msg
> appears  " the following error occurred attempting to join the domain
> abc.com "
>
> Logon Failue:the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
> computer.
>

> I am unable to join the client machine to domain. Administrator account is
> used to perform both the tasks.
>

> Second problems appears after a long time, the first problem started.
>

> Thanks
>

> Farhan A. Khan
>
> Systems Engineer
>
> Multinet Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd
>
> 239 Staff Lines, Fatima Jinnah Road
>
> Karachi
>
> UAN : 92- 21-111021021 Ext 2044
>
> Cell : 92-300-2279572 Fax : 92-21-5656480
>
> E-Mail : farhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Exchange Newsletters:
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp

Thank you