[euralex] Re: IDLI

  • From: Karel Pala <pala@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: euralex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:23:45 +0200

Dear Prof. Hartmann,

   your e-mail reached me via the address above. Well, I do not have
any links to IMO, your mail is obviously not adressed to me.
However, I would like to take the opportunity and ask you a question: I am a head of the Natural Language Processing Centre at the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic (my name is Prof. Karel PALA, our website: http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/cs/). Postal address: NLP Centre, FI MU, Botanicka 68a, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic. We do things related closely to the computer lexicography: building very large corpora from Web, corpus tools, Word Sketch Engine (in cooperation with Adam Killgarriff), dictionary writing systems
and other tools for lexicographers.
Would it be possible to include us into your list? For a reference you may turn to Adama Kilgarriff or
to Patrick Hanks.
Thank you, I would be grateful.
With best regards,

                                                         K. Pala

Hartmann, Reinhard napsal(a):
(I think I have contacted you before, but received no answer.) I am working on an International Directory of Lexicography Institutions, which has a section (copy of which attached) in which I list relevant networks. I wonder if you would like to comment on my entry on IMO and TRS and let me have any corrections and additions you think may be useful, please?
Best regards,
Dr. Reinhard R.K. Hartmann
(Honorary Professor of Lexicography,
Department of English, University of Birmingham)

(home) address:
40 Velwell Road, Exeter, Devon EX4 4LD, U.K.
Tel. (0)1392 210090