[etni] Re: the polls Re: etni Digest V5 #19

  • From: "Michele Ben" <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:23:50 +0200

We should bother with the polls because: 1. It is interesting to see
what the people who vote think. 2. It's good to express our opinion
whether or not it affects official policy
3. You never know who may be listening 4. the comments people make on
the polls are often interesting and enlightening  and 5. Why not?
We're not hurting anyone, this doesn't cost anyone anything and it
doesn't require much effort.  Sometimes it's good just to get an
opinion out there.
Michele

On 1/22/07, Batya <shilohmuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ETNI voters agree almost 2 to 1 on all these issues, 1 exam (which was 2 for 3 point
students,) no "magen," etc.  I had proposed, and there was a poll for it, changing
passing to 65%.  It had interesting results.  The newer the teacher, the more in favor, and
the more veteran teachers opposed.

> I'm sure it was because teaching and testing were geared to 55 passing, seriously
48-52, "chaval that they fail just by a few points."  The problem is that with
language, under 75% knowledge retention (pass) it's hard to really progress.  That's why the
kids know less and less.  Also their Hebrew grammar has deteriorated making foreign
languages more difficult to learn.

> But why do we bother with these polls?  Nobody "in the ministry" cares what
we soldiers on the field know.

> Batya
>
> http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/
>
> http://samizdatblogfree.blogspot.com/
>
> http://me-ander.blogspot.com/
>
> http://shilohpics.blogspot.com/

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm