[etni] the polls Re: etni Digest V5 #19

  • From: Batya <shilohmuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:45:19 -0800 (PST)

ETNI voters agree almost 2 to 1 on all these issues, 1 exam (which was 2 for 3
point students,) no "magen," etc.  I had proposed, and there was a poll for it,
changing passing to 65%.  It had interesting results.  The newer the teacher,
the more in favor, and the more veteran teachers opposed.

  I'm sure it was because teaching and testing were geared to 55 passing,
seriously 48-52, "chaval that they fail just by a few points."  The problem is
that with language, under 75% knowledge retention (pass) it's hard to really
progress.  That's why the kids know less and less.  Also their Hebrew grammar
has deteriorated making foreign languages more difficult to learn.

  But why do we bother with these polls?  Nobody "in the ministry" cares what
we soldiers on the field know.

Batya

http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/

http://samizdatblogfree.blogspot.com/