[etni] korczak - quote of the week

  • From: "avi tsur" <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:57:34 +0000

Shabbat Shalom

This is a reminder that on Tuesday December 23 (at 10:00), we will be
holding the second session of our series on "The Educational Legacy of
Korczak"  Like the previous session it will be held at the
Ministry building in Tel Aviv and we will be hosting Shlomo Nadel (one of
the very few graduates of the orphanage. In the orphanage Shlomo's hobby was
photography and miraculously managed to save some of his photographs. His
riveting story will be accompanied by the photgraphs he took - a session not
to be missed!!)

For those who missed session number 1, this is a reminder that we will make
it up to you at a later stage.  Pre-registration will be required so that we
can cater for the occasion.

Yours sincerely,  Marsha and Avi

Each time you put aside a book to spin the thread of your own thoughts, it
means that the book has served its purpose. Whenever you skim over the
pages, seeking rules and ready prescriptions, frowning at their paucity ?
you should know that if you do find counsels and indications, that this has
happened not only despite but even against the writer's will.

Let me emphasize that no book, no physician, can replace one's own keen
thought, own attentive perception.