[etni] Re: gap between the tsiun shnati and the bagrut exam

  • From: "Motti Mendelkern" <motti46@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <batop@xxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:26:16 +0200

Dear "confused Teacher" and other etnier,

A. I have been teaching here for 35 years so I should know something.
B. The latest version of the Bagrut definitely don't test English or
language skills.
C. Native speakers whose English is better than mine get low grades. No one
would claim they "don't know English"
D. Students whose English is weaker but  are intelligent, get much higher
grades than the native speakers!
C. If the ministry declines to admit that the English Exam has turned into
an alternative for a psychometric exam,  or some kind of Intelligence test,
we teachers should tell them something and not hide our identities.

It's time we did something rather than complain here.

MOrdechai Mendelkern