[etni] even native speakers make mistakes...

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:24:20 +0200

I can't believe I wrote this sentence (and even proof-read the post, though
apparently not well enough) -- I think I was so busy trying to figure out
how to phrase the end of it that I didn't notice the mistake in my verb:

> The ETNI team has never showed any kind of bias for or against English
> teachers in cases of "the teachers vs. the Ministry".

Now if I had a cold I might say it that way, but normally my grammar is a
little bit better than that.  Oops!

Nobody speaks perfect English, I guess -- not even native speakers!

Bari
---