[etni] Re: Using an English phone book

  • From: "N&M Barbiru" <nehamab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <barneder@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:40:42 +0200

I do the same but as part of the favorites in the Explorer.
I create a new folder for each subject and save the URL with a meaningful
name.
You could create a directory in a Word file, then, copy and paste the URL
and write a word or two about the site for future reference.
Nehama

> Ann Bar-Neder wrote:
>
> I want to share this idea with you all.
> I had a guest staying with me who arrived from NYC.  He brought me a gift.
Just what I needed (like a hole in the head!!).. an English telephone book
(A.B..C..D...etc)  You know the kind that allows you to enter all your
important phones numbers.  Being in Israel for soooo long, I only use a
Hebrew directory.
> Lightening struck one fine day and I decided to convert the phone book
into an ETNI directory.  Whenever someone posts a site that is worth looking
into, or when I find a valuable site while surfing the net I copy the
"address" into the book.  Let me give you an example:
> Under the letter "H", I inscribed "Holocaust" and the various sites that
were recommended by other English teachers here in Israel, and the sites I
used in order to prepare a lesson.