[etni] Re: Meitzav

  • From: ELEANOR ZWEBNER <eleanorz541@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <graniewitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:25:05 +0000

According to the Irgun  ( call them, fax them or email them for a letter for yr
school administration) marking standardized tests for the Ministry (or Manhi or
anyone...) without proper remuneration is one of the items  for which we are
striking .  They  forbid us to grade  Maitzav exams until the issue  has been
settled.

Re:    making it the  test for the semester grade -- I personally object.  I
want to send pupils home with specific items to STUDY, LEARN and prepare for a
test.  I hate :  "tomorrow is an English test so let's go to a movie..."
already in grade 8.  Unseen material (reading or listening or writing), should
be only a small per centage of their grades at this stage

As for Mr Graniewitz's source of information --it simply makes sense -- or
dollars and cents:    if the tests are important to the Ministry, then they
want someone to mark them.  If they had the funds -- they would hire someone to
do the job.

.> From: tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: graniewitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx; etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] Re: Meitzav> Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 07:22:47 +0300> > YES, I
work for the Ministry and Yes, I care for any matter concerning > English
studies in Israel, and YES, I do agree that there are issues that > need to be
dealt with. Your email to ETNI is totally mis-leading. Please > enlighten me by
stating your source of information. I wish you and your > students all the very
best for the coming Meitzav exam (Internal/external) > and I sincerely hope
that you, your staff members, your school, etc. benefit > from the results.> >
Yours sincerely> > Avi tsur> > > >From: David Graniewitz
<graniewitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> >Reply-To: graniewitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> >To:
fruma2000@xxxxxxxxxxx, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >Subject: [etni] Re: Meitzav> >Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 22:38:09 +0300 (IDT)> >> >Meitzav pnimi just means that the
Ministry has run out of> >money to mark all the tests so Meitzav tests will be
marked> >by external examiners on alternate years for schools.> >If your school
has had the good fortune to be declared one> >in which there will be a Meitzav
pnimi this year, you will> >have to mark the damn thing for no renumeration.
The grade> >is meant to be used internally, whatever that means.> >I'm all for
the Irgun screwing up these unnecessary and> >wasteful exams this year.> >David
Etni homepage - www.etni.org **> >** for help - ask@xxxxxxxx **> >** to post to
this list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx **>