[etni] Re: Matknot

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:41:29 -0800 (PST)

Of course I count the exams that they've been doing the whole year, but I do
give more weight to the matkonot (since in the end they are supposed to be the
most accurate reflection of what they are capable of doing on the Bagrut exam).
Like Esther, I give a minimum of 3 matknot, sometimes more if there is time. I
usually disregard the one with the lowest mark. It's amazing what a difference
there can be from one test to the other - both because there are big gaps
between different exams of the same module and because, as Esther pointed out,
there are also external factors that can greatly affect students' performance.
And yes, I also try to give only real Bagrut exams, although in one class I've
actually run out of Ds and Fs (long story, but I've heard it happen to others
as well) - then I just write my own.

  All the best,
  Rivka

  Sandy wrote:

i hear so much talk of three or four matkonot. what gives? how many
matkonot
should they be doing for their tziyun magen? isn't anyone counting the
exams
they have been doing all year? do we let them keep trying (and drive
ourselves crazy) until they get a better grade? i don't get it.

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.