[etni] Fw: Kids Read 2007

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:54:56 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Deborah Lionarons - jellyaaci@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Kids Read 2007

January 2007
Dear English Teacher,
Do you think your students would enjoy seeing their work in print ?
………then take a look at our Kids Read project!

JELLY [the Jerusalem English Language Library for Youth] has published two
annual anthologies of Israeli children's writing in English including
contributions from both English & Hebrew speakers. By participating your
students' work could be published in this year's anthology!

Please note - from this year Kids Read is open to all grades from 3rd grade
to High school.

How to participate?
There is no need for any special projects in order to submit to Kids Read!!
Just select from the writing responses to literature that your classes
produce during their regular lessons.

What do I need to do?
First be in email contact to jellyaaci@xxxxxxxxx and we will send regular
reminders & updates.

How to send entries?
Select not more than 5 pieces of work inspired by books or poems from your
students. This can be written work (up to one page & typewritten) or
artwork.

We would love to be able to put the anthology into the hands of students
before they finish school at the end of June. We can only do this with your
help. To meet this deadline we need all entries to be submitted by the end
of April.

Entries for the Kids Read Anthology should be sent by email to
jellyaaci@xxxxxxxxx or on a diskette,
[to Kids Read, c/o Deborah Lionarons, Rehov Yehuda 3, Jerusalem 93627]
Reminder - the final closing date is 30 th April 2007.

Any comments, queries are welcomed.

From, the JELLY Kids Read Committee

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm