[etni] Fwd: re: Getting Teachers' Bottoms to ETAI

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:23:53 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michele Ben <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Getting Teachers' Bottoms to ETAI

Barry wrote : The only way people will come to a conference now is if
the hours are counted towards Ofek hours.

If that's true, it's sad.  Professional development is not solely
about hours and pay.  Sharing and networking is part of what
professionals do in their professional organization.  However, with
the very late hours we now are at school, it is hard to get to minis.
And we reach the vacations quite tired needing a break.  Attending a
confernece can be viewed as a break and can be refreshing and
inspiring.  I find that usually to be so.  Also, principals CAN count
going to an etai event as Ofek or Oz hours, I think.  There is a
clause in the contracts that allows for that.  It would be great if
there were some way to work out getting a gmul for attending ETAI
events for JHS and Elem teachers like OZ teachers still can get for
the summer conference.  It's been on my mind.

Hope everyone has had a good two days so far!

Michele

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx