[etni] Fw: re: poll suggestion: old bagrut vs. modules

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:44:43 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda - lsk120@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: poll suggestion: old bagrut vs. modules

I would also like to see an end to the oral for the reasons you mentioned.
In addition, I would like to see the end of projects, for the many reasons
enumerated on this forum a little while back.
Everyone I've spoken to is very unhappy with this module systerm.
What I don't understand is why we aren't doing anything about the above!
Linda Kuras Mizrahi

Nira wrote:
>It would be interesting to see the results of such a poll. I'd agree to TWO
exams, one in the summer of 11th grade and the other in the summer of 12th
grade. The first one can include literature questions, as Jennifer Byk
suggests. That could be a problem though, because I wouldn't like to see a
closed list of stories and poems. Three exams are an exaggeration and I
think it's clear by now that having 7 different modules puts too much
pressure on the system.
>The reason I want an exam at the end of 11th grade as well is the fact that
when we had only one exam in 12th grade, students in 10-11th grades were too
complacent. The exam seemed a long way off and they didn't do the work they
were assigned. They kept saying that they would worry about English when the
time came - in 12th grade...
>I know many people wouldn't agree, but I would also like to put an end to
the Oral Bagrut Exam. I find that many examiners, including myself, are
extremely generous towards the 3-4 points groups out of pity... The result
is that the Oral grades certainly don't reflect the quality of students'
speech. It's a lot of hassle, we get paid peanuts and the students get a
"gift" grade. In my opinion, it isn't worth the trouble, not to mention the
cost to the education system.

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm