[etni] Fw: re: formal letter place of closing?

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:46:02 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "sarag" <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: formal letter place of closing?

as another ex-american, i too taught my kids to place the signature under the date.

some of them did so, some of them did it as in the books - at the left.
i think (and hope) the bagrut markers accept both.
  sara g
sara g in israel

Judy wrote:
hi..In the States it was drilled into us that in formal letters the place of the closing/signature is at the bottom RIGHT in direct line with the heading (address/date of the writer ) I notice that in the books my students are using the closing and signature are placed on the left. So what will the Bagrut examiners be looking for? ( I don't want my kids to lose points because I learned about formal letters from Abe Lincoln!!!

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm