[etni] Fw: module C and the oral exam

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:08:35 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: ellen - ellen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: module C and the oral exam

My two cents..
I came home too exhausted yesterday to write. I tested orally and didn't really get a chance to look at all the questions of the exams. But, my pupils that did Module D came out with a good feeling as was the feeling in modules E and F. We had only a few girls resitting C and a few finishing the three points and hoping to do finish 4 points in the summer. That C will certainly hurt their chances of passing a 4 point exam. The first question as mentioned previously was not easy at all. I had a hard time trying to come up with a gramatically correct answer. There were no words to use in the text. What three pointer is going to come up with "to give us information about orienteering or to explain the rules of orienteering." It was question that you would expect in a 5 point exam. Because it was the first question, it puts them off their rythmn and causes them to lose their confidence.

But what was really sad is that it was one of the four questions chosen for the oral exam. It was worth 10 out of a total of 44 points! Messing up really hurts them. If they are trying for 4 points they need a high grade in C to pull them through. I hope they are very generous in the answers accepted.

Now back to the piles of marking that piled up while I was concentrating on yod bet!

Ellen Haskell  Ulpanat Shallabim

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm