[etni] [FWD: re quicktionaries]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 03:33:48 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: [etni] [FWD: Re: quicktionaries]]
 From: "howard sibirsky" <howdon@xxxxxxxxxx>

 An answer may be for teachers to earn a living. Look around you right now.
 See all those products that you own to make your life not only easier but to
have more options and do your thing more efficiently.

 The difference with those who do not agree with me may lie in the fact that I
have taught foreign language in the USA. We used modern methology including
programmed texts, language labs, and so on. The system was so successful that
the head of the English Department at our Connecticut High School complained.
He  complained that the student body  was speaking and
 writing English using Spanish grammar.

 So, we cannot argue nor successfully discuss this question because we both
have experienced our own "system", but you have not experienced the one I used
years ago in a foreign, so foreign, land. Good luck

 Hanan