[etni] [FWD: Re: Where is ETNI going?]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:38:06 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: [etni] [FWD: Where is ETNI going?]
 From: "Rita G. Braunstein" <ritabr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 I would like to react to Malka's letter.
 I don't know if there was one particular letter that was the last straw
for
 her or if, in general, she felt that the Moed A Bagrut exams were fair
and
 that we were being unfair with our complaint.  In any case, I believe
that
 that ETNI is and has always been a place where we teachers could, among
 other things, sound off at situations which troubled us or we wanted to
 share with pur colleagues.
 I know, from conversations with other teachers of other subjects that
there
 is no such service available to them.  Any changes, reminders and new
 programs are all here for us in the English community.  Is it perfect?
Of
 course not.  On the other hand, I wouldn't give it up for the world.  I
have
 learned that there are topics that show up and don't pertain to me or
 interest me ( Native Speaker teachers vs. non-Native Speakers for
Native
 Speaker classes, for example), so I just ignore them and look for other
 topics.
 I wouldn't give it up for the world.
 Rita Braunstein