[etni] [FWD: RE: recordings]]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:22:22 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: RE: recordings]
 From: "lev" <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Elana asks where one can purchase a tape menahalim.

 As you have already noticed from my previous postings, I somewhat favor
 Office Depot for its prices and a good selection of items which I find
 useful, so naturally I enquired about the purchase of "tape menahalim"
there
 as well.

 I was surprised to hear they sell these devices only to "menahalim," as
 "menahalim" are those who the device was originally designed for.

 This put me off for a minute; then I asked whether a person willing to
buy
 one has to present proof he/she actually *is* a "menahel." The answer
was,
 no, you just come and say you *are* a menahel - and you can buy it.
Just pay
 cash to make the purchase impossible to trace, that's all.

 That's the way things work, folks. Outrageous.

 Lev

 Lev ABRAMOV <lev[at]schiffman.biz>
 The Shiffman Institute www.schiffman.biz