[espeak-gaeilge] Re: Skype conference a bit delayed. will commence soon

  • From: RobbieS <robbiesin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: espeak-gaeilge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:46:12 +0100

Hi all,

Well, last night I had another go at getting skype going on the iPhone.  My
skype name is robbiesinn.  I sent an invite out to another skype-name I'd
phoned in advance, but, as yet, nothing seems to have happened.  Neither of
us can contact the other.

not there yet, but getting there.

I'm wondering, since English can occur within Gaelic contexts, if many
English spellings such as *laugh, ought, light, calf, hotel, *etc. couldn't
be put in as exceptions, so that they would be pronounced in English.  Of
course, the Irish equivalents of *gáire, solas, óstán *etc. exist, but I'm
thinking of contexts such as dictionaries which would be more useful this
way, and also in other contexts where English words are just thrown in (as
tends to happen, unfortuneately).

Regards,

Robbie

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Damien O'Connor <damienmoconnor@xxxxxxxxxx