[espeak-gaeilge] Re: Skype conference a bit delayed. will commence soon

  • From: "Damien O'Connor" <damienmoconnor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <espeak-gaeilge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:40:02 +0100

Hi Ronan and Cearbhall.

Thanks very much for the conference call tonight. I found it really useful
and inspiring. For those of you that were unable to attend, The session
lasted for about an hour. Ronan and Cearbhall got me up and running with
NVDA and espeak with Irish and we had a general conversation about our own
backgrounds and what we each could bring to the project. Having spent years
trying to access Irish language classes that are tought in an accessible
wey, banging my head against a brick wall whenever I tried to address the
various access issues with teachers that had the best of intentions but
didn't really get it, It's so exciting to interact with people from our own
community who understand the issues, have the skills and are actively
engaged in developing creative solutions to the development of an accessible
package for the language within the VIP community. Well done Ronan and
Cearbhall and As I said earlier, just keep  me informed as to how I can be
of use to the project. Robbie, I know you weren't able to make the skype
session this evening, but, I'm sure  there will be more. I for one would be
interested in yours and any other group members input on future Skype
sessions.  Once again, An-Mhaith Ronan agas Cearbhall.

Slán go fóil.

Damien.