Re: inotify

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 22:31:26 +1000

On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:14:14 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:17:40 +1000
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, i know.
> But can i pass build parameter if i using
> "sudo dpkg-buildpackage -d -us -uc"
> instead of
> "make <params>
> sudo make install"
> this time?

I'm not familiar, but I guess you'd need to alter the rules file. Maybe that's
just as tedious as changing Makefile.config.

> > Let's start to track it down, with a couple more details:
> >
> >  * gtk version
> >  * emelfm2 version

OK, the nearest I have to hand is gtk 3.4.4.

I installed that, and presto, I get crashes sometimes - just by repeatedly
opening a mkdir dialog. The backtrace indicates that, prima facie, the problem
is occurring somewhere inside gtk's styling process.

Doesn't happen on gtk 3.8.4, which I've been using day-to-day. When I get some
time, I'll check 3.6. Anyone out there using that now ?

This raises a question about how much effort to put into finding the problem.
How long will gtk 3.4.x remain in play?

>  dpkg-grep.txt about versions is attached.
>  Problem is that list refresh behaviour is different at the same
> situations, sometimes list stays on right position when refreshing but
> most of times skips to the top. And up/down arrows do select
> previous/next after that skip but outside of visible list (top).
> I need to press down arrow for example 5 or more times or press
> scrollbar arrow one time, then list scrolls back to current selection.
>  And. I have Nokia N900 with emelfm2 0.5.0 installed.

I'm pleased that it (14 releases ago) continues to work well enough for regular
use.