Re: inotify

  • From: Serge <omoikane@xxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:14:14 +0400

On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:17:40 +1000
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 23:25:59 +0400
> Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:
>
> Another example, demonstrating that something fundamental is
> different.
>
> Filelist refreshing (triggered by your kernel/inotify) should not
> remove your current selection.

> BTW, you could just apply the change as a build parameter:
>
>  make WITH_KERNELFAM=0 etc ...
>
> Regards
> Tom

Thanks, i know.
But can i pass build parameter if i using
"sudo dpkg-buildpackage -d -us -uc"
instead of
"make <params>
sudo make install"
this time?
I use make install for testing only.

> Serge, you have something weird going on. I've never seen or heard of
> behaviour like that.

You can see that in videos i posted)

> The user is in control. The displayed position for a filelist is not
> supposed to move around of its own accord, with or without scrollbar
> thumb movement. (How is it even possible to move the view with the
> thumb staying in the same place, I wonder.)
>
> The visible contents may of course change, if you re-sort, or change
> a property of item(s) which affects the current sorting, or if you
> add or remove item(s).
>
> Let's start to track it down, with a couple more details:
>
>  * gtk version
>  * emelfm2 version
>
> Regards
> Tom

 dpkg-grep.txt about versions is attached.
 Problem is that list refresh behaviour is different at the same
situations, sometimes list stays on right position when refreshing but
most of times skips to the top. And up/down arrows do select
previous/next after that skip but outside of visible list (top).
I need to press down arrow for example 5 or more times or press
scrollbar arrow one time, then list scrolls back to current selection.
 And. I have Nokia N900 with emelfm2 0.5.0 installed.
Here is the same thing. For example, open emelfm2 - open dir with alot
of files - scroll list to the bottom - write "touch z.txt" in command
line - hit enter - list refreshes and scrolls to the top but
scrollbar stays on the bottom - press scrollbar arrow with stylus one time -
list scrolls to the bottom to current selection.
 I build gtk3 e2 with DEBUG tonight or tomorrow and post output.
I have to go now.
Have a nice day.
PS gtk2 version is stable, no segfaults.

--
Claws Mail version 3.8.1
Linux debian 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux
serge@debian:~$ dpkg -l libgtk[0-9]* | grep ^i
ii  libgtk2-imageview-perl                 0.05-1+b2
amd64        Perl bindings for the GtkImageView image viewer widget
ii  libgtk2-perl                           2:1.244-1
amd64        Perl interface to the 2.x series of the Gimp Toolkit library
ii  libgtk2-unique-perl                    0.05-1+b2
amd64        module for single instance applications
ii  libgtk2.0-0:amd64                      2.24.10-2
amd64        GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-0:i386                       2.24.10-2
i386         GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-bin                          2.24.10-2
amd64        programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-cil                          2.12.10-5
amd64        CLI binding for the GTK+ toolkit 2.12
ii  libgtk2.0-common                       2.24.10-2
all          common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-dev                          2.24.10-2
amd64        development files for the GTK+ library
serge@debian:~$ dpkg -l libgtk-[0-9]* | grep ^i
ii  libgtk-3-0:amd64                       3.4.2-6
amd64        GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-0:i386                        3.4.2-6
i386         GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-bin                           3.4.2-6
amd64        programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-common                        3.4.2-6
all          common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-dev                           3.4.2-6
amd64        development files for the GTK+ library
serge@debian:~$ dpkg -l emelfm2* | grep ^i
ii  emelfm2                                0.9.0-1
amd64        paned file manager for gtk