Re: emelFM2 menu icon

  • From: Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:10:52 -0400

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:34:20 +0300
Liviu Andronic wrote:

> This has been discussed before, but unfortunately it is still broken
> in the default config: when building from source and installing, emel
> doesn't have an icon associated in the menu (here, on Xfce). The
> problem is easily solved by placing a symlink
> Item: /usr/local/share/pixmaps/emelfm2.png
>
> that points to
> Type: Symbolic Link to emelfm2/emelfm2.png
>
> I am not sure how to implement this in the source, so I cannot send a
> patch, although it seems trivial. Would it make sense to add this?

It does not require a patch.

Many apps built from source can, and do install icons in various
directories.

Distributions normally handle Menu icons location in their packaging
scripts.
I work with the rpm system and can not speck directly of the Debian or
other system.

With rpm we just include in the emelfm2.spec

nstall -m 644 -D icons/emelfm2_48.png
%{buildroot}%{_iconsdir}/hicolor/48x48/apps/%{name}.png install -m 644
-D icons/emelfm2_32.png
%{buildroot}%{_iconsdir}/hicolor/32x32/apps/%{name}.png install -m 644
-D icons/emelfm2_24.png
%{buildroot}%{_iconsdir}/hicolor/24x24/apps/%{name}.png

Which is Mandriva's preferred location.

If you are installing from source And not using a script all you need
do to have All emelfm2 icons installed
in /usr/local/share/pixmaps/emelfm2.png is to edit Makefile.conf
Change
ICON_DIR ?= $(PREFIX)/share/pixmaps/$(TARGET)
ICON_DIR ?= $(PREFIX)/share/pixmaps

Or simply continue as you are now and create the link.

    Charles

--
Kiss me twice.  I'm schizophrenic.