Re: Using emelfm2 - questions, thanks.

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:03:44 +1000

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:29:29 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wow. F10 works now. Thanks.

I'd forgotten to update the CONFIGURATION document. For a "complex" binding,
you do not have to use
 <custom command> stuff
any more, but can simply enter
 stuff
in the action field.

> Your question about variables becoming external is moving towards the
> lines of setenv.
> My environment uses env variables in places for tools and processes. So
> now I have
> to leave FM2 and set the environment (using xterm) and then open FM2 again.

My previous post was not entirely clear. The added 'set'-related commands
set/clear variables in the shell in which e2 is running (it can be run as a
daemon, not sure if that affects things).

The question then becomes: should e2 still support internal variables (for
reasons other than backward-compatibility, anyway).