Re: Using emelfm2 - questions, thanks.

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:55:55 +1000

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:10:11 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right now, setenv and set don't execute as they are not shell command,
> but builtins.
>
>  >setenv ASE /user/
> Failed to execute child process "setenv" (No such file or directory).
IIRC setenv is shell-specific (C, not Bash?) and may not be available anyway.

Can run in external shell (prepend '>'). However I guess that anything set for
such shell will not be available after it finishes. I haven't looked into this,
or whether it's possible to pass any or all environment from 'child' to
'parent' shell. I suppose that the alternative would be a new 'internal
command', 'set'.

> The variables can be set in emelfm2, but not read back.
>

>  >echo $name  (25964)
> $name
>  >echo $name (25964) returned '0'
If you mean that internal variables are not known to an external shell, then
that's to be expected.

> Lastly, is there a way to bind <Down> and <Enter> to a Key, using the
> 'key bindings' configuration editor in emelfm2? I tried command.down,
> command.<Down>, <Down>, down, etc.
Keybindings apply to actions or commands only. To convert a keypress, there
would need to be a new action to do that.

I'm afraid I can't think why you'd bother to bind a key to a different one.
Especially when modifier(s) Ctrl etc may be involved.