Re: Rename icon (new variation)

  • From: Robert <reboant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:00:29 -0500

tooar wrote:

hey,

Reboant wrote on Sat, 28.08.2004:

Boy have I been busy.Haven't really had time to even sit at my
computer and send these to you.Anyway, here is the revamped icon.Also
added an "e2" icon I threw together a few weeks back while playing
with a new photoshop plugin.
Had to completely redo the "rename icon" from scratch because my girlfriend deleted the folder with all my work.Unfortunately she just didn't realize what it was at the time.I was able to recover some
files but most are gone.
Since I had to redo the icon from scratch it didn't turn out as good
as the last one but I think it will do for now.Will work on it more
after finishing some of the others for you.

sorry to hear that. maybe it's now time to think of a better backup strategy. :) i can really recommend faubackup to prevent accidental deletion of files (by keeping a 2nd hard link to each).

the new version also looks nice, but the
unsharenping/blur is still missing, isn't it? i also like the new
alternative of the e2 icon. i'll add it as 2nd alternative.

regards,

        tooar

Was going to upload the new icon yesterday but thought I'd test it against the stock gtk used by Emelfm2 (middle toolbar).IT doesn't match at all.For some reason my icon looks blured compared to the rest even when converted to svg.Looks about right at 32x32 and even 24x24 but gets really bad at 16x16.Will have to experiment with this until its right.

Thanks for the links.I already had them in my bookmarks along with a few others that I found when looking for a good svg program.There is a lot of good reading there if that kind of thing interests you.

Sodipodi is what Inkscape is based on but seems to be even more limited.It saves in a compressed svg format (.svgz) and won't import anything but .bmp files.Messed with it a few hours and finally gave up on it.Wish Inkscape was more stable and was documented better because looks very promising.

The good new is that I have a friend that works for a local computer company and he gets free software from time to time.Finally caught up to him this weekend and he mentioned having a copy of Adobe Illustrator CS that he will never use and let me have.Just have to wait until he gets around to it though.With Illustrator I should be able to create icons without having to use any other graphics programs.Or at least I'm hoping.

Btw,I did apply the unsharp mask to the image with different settings and sent you the best one.Its obvious I'm applying too much of a blur during the creation process and need to tone it down some.Just hate those darn jagged edges.Of course those edges won't show up when the image is reduced in size so what the heck.This bad habit is from not being use to scaling my images down to icon size (if that makes any sense).
Back to the drawing board. :)