Re: 48x48

  • From: tooar <tooar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:36:10 +0200

Reboant wrote on Mon, 06.09.2004:
> I went ahead and wipped up a 48x48 icon for you.Sure hope you won't

cool stuff!

> need anything bigger than that because this one was a real

heh, don't do it if it isn't fun anymore. :) i think 48x48 is really
sufficient for almost everybody. the other probably can live with a
scaled version.

> pain.Decided to fix that flat side on the arrow and space things out a
> little more.Still not perfect though.Seems like something is missing.
> On a brighter side, I finally found the official gnome icon color
> pallete over at developer.gnome.org which is what the gtk-stock icons
> are based on.Sure will make thing easier on me.

nice, would you tell me the url?

> How's it going with Emelfm2?Any new features or fixes to mention?Got

nothing really important, the changes i've already made after 0.0.9 are

 * color option for devices in file lists fixed
 * added patch from David to show tooltips for the dir lines and
optionally   switch to menu mode for the dir line/command line history
the following changes all thanks to a patch from Tom
 * some internal changes to button handling for dialogs
 * introduced SUPPORT_NON_UTF8_ENCODINGS config variable in
Makefile.config   (which will later on cause e2 to assume everything is
utf8 everywhere)
 * changed all gint fill packing parameters to gboolean
fill
 * replaced all occurences of "/" or '/' by G_DIR_SEPARATOR[_S]
 * some cleanup, introduced global E2_PADDING[_something] defines

that's mostly cleanup. currently, i'm working on the output pane code to
clean it up, and make it ready for more complete terminal emulation.
furthermore, i have quite a big patch (with lots of different stuff,
e.g. almost full i18n support) that i have to incorporate. additionally,
someone is working on adding more command line completion
methods (mount/umount support for now). i've also started to think about
the desing of the upcoming virtual file system. libmc is out of the run
because it doesn't support utf8.

> an idea when the next stable release will be out?

i really don't know, yet but i certainly want it to be faster than the
last release. i'd like to get back to my monthly release cycle, but i'm
not sure if i have enough time. i'll see.

regards,

        tooar

--
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-212942.html?legacy=cnet

"As long as they are going to steal it [software], we want them to
steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow
figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

  --Bill Gates, M$ CEO, 1998