Re: 48x48

  • From: Robert <reboant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:18:50 -0500

tooar wrote:

heh, don't do it if it isn't fun anymore. :) i think 48x48 is really sufficient for almost everybody. the other probably can live with a scaled version.

Sorry I didn't mean it like that.I just have a lot to do this week and don't have time for much of anything else.What made it a pain was the hurry.Just wanted to get it out to you so I didn't have to worry about.

nice, would you tell me the url?

Sure thing. The main page is here <http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/> ( just in case you don't recieve html mail http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/ )

The pallete is here <http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/layout.html> ( http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/layout.html )

Gnome icon guidlines here <http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/icons.html> ( http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/icons.html )

nothing really important, the changes i've already made after 0.0.9 are

<>
* color option for devices in file lists fixed
* added patch from David to show tooltips for the dir lines and
optionally switch to menu mode for the dir line/command line history
the following changes all thanks to a patch from Tom
* some internal changes to button handling for dialogs
* introduced SUPPORT_NON_UTF8_ENCODINGS config variable in
Makefile.config (which will later on cause e2 to assume everything is
utf8 everywhere)
* changed all gint fill packing parameters to gboolean
fill
* replaced all occurences of "/" or '/' by G_DIR_SEPARATOR[_S]
* some cleanup, introduced global E2_PADDING[_something] defines

that's mostly cleanup. currently, i'm working on the output pane code to
clean it up, and make it ready for more complete terminal emulation.
furthermore, i have quite a big patch (with lots of different stuff,
e.g. almost full i18n support) that i have to incorporate. additionally,
someone is working on adding more command line completion
methods (mount/umount support for now). i've also started to think about
the desing of the upcoming virtual file system. libmc is out of the run
because it doesn't support utf8.

Is the dev version stable enough to use on a daily basis? Tried it a while back and it wouldn't build.
Virtual fs? Great idea.Mc is what I use at the command line all the time.Didn't think it was still in devlopement.Too bad it doesn't support utf8 because it would've been perfect IMO.

Just out curiousity, think in a future release that the bar (not sure what its called) with the settings hidden file, filters and the arrow pointing to the other pane could somehow be removed,hidden from view or converted to a menu? To me it is kind of an eye sore.I like the functionality just don't like it showing all the time. :)

BTW, I've been trying to get the stinking progress bar to work without success.Followed the directions to a tee.It shows up in the plugin config box for both move and copy which are set to 'yes'. I've rebuilt emelfm2 a number of times with no luck at all. Does it work for you?If so then I'm obviously doing something very wrong.