[EMAS] FW: New Birding Program - Pledge to Fledge

  • From: "goedsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <goedsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:54:25 -0400

This sounds like a great idea! One of the authors is Richard Crossley, author
of a few well respected field guides.

It's really fun to take a non-birder out birding. I remember a good friend who
spent over 20 minutes watching an Eastern Towhee with Cynthia and me. She was
just fascinated by a bird that Cynthia and I would have walked by without
comment. August is not a g reat time to go out brding if you're looking for
super birds like hard-to-foind warblers, but there will be plenty of Carolina
Chickadees, etc., and those common species will likely prove interesting for
non-birding friends.

Charlotte

Charlotte Goedsche
goedsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx