[elky] Re: pics of new elky = shop area..

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:43:53 -0800

How big a job was it to install the RO thingie ?

significant. Everything, including the water lines were in the box, but it needs to be connected to the water supply, the drain which required cutting the drain pipe and working it in with the sink and disposal drains, there's 3 drain openings now. The tank fit in the back and goes between the water line and the unit hanging next to the dishwasher (which worked out well as a place to hold the dishwasher hose out of the way). There's a faucet mounted and connected, too. Then you run a special sanitization cycle, then fill and dump 4 times, which finished up Monday morning. tada! Water is very nice though. Doesn't have that heavy metal taste anymore and it tastes like it's helping with our excessively acid ph water. We just want to get rid of the bacteria and nitrites. The instructions were good, too.

Your building does look very nice and sturdy and all that stuff. I love the shape, one of my fav. Everyone needs a little bit of castle.