[elky] Re: [non] Engines (was re: Fwd: Response to a car dealer)

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:52:54 -0500

Sounds about right.  John and I are normal weights for our heights, but when we
fly the Cessna, we could practically possibly take along his wife with no
luggage, and his wife is a very small person.  That's with full fuel tanks; we
could have a bit more in the plane without full tanks.

Just because it has four seats doesn't mean you can have four people and stay
within the weight limit, and be careful about using the compartment behind the
back seat, because that can very easily shift the CG too far back.