[elky] Re: car Contest (!)

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:40:44 -0800

thanks, Chris. I'm going to get it done, everyone around here is too busy to fuss with poor old blazer. Being mama's grocery getter isn't exactly high status.

I just wanted to know what I was talking about. <G>

Mary
It wouldn't hurt to check if something has come loose, but most likely
the tensioner pulley's bearing has gone out.  Some you replace the
pulley, some you replace the whole tensioner assembly.  This is a part
that a local parts store should have.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Mary McCarthy<printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Two things:
I found wiring diagrams for '64 thru '88  Chevy mid size, including elkys
and Montes.

And a question - the tensioner pulley on Blazer is wobbling around and
making noise.  I thought it might be that bad water pump but it seems to be
the pulley making all the trouble.  Is that a "tighten it up" or a replace?
  I trust my mechanic but I'd prefer not to wander in there looking like a
dumb woman - that can be expensive.