[elky] Re: OT: lap steel guitar (and a coupla photos)

  • From: "Jim Dos" <jdos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:49:00 -0600

Sounds like life is good.

Tuning ?  boy this is something way diff than I'm used to.

If it works,, go for it.. LOL

A friend, Steve, who really likes to fix guitars, brought me back my Ibanez
that had the neck broken it the 'wind'.,,..   and somehow straightened out
a really nice epi  that was warped.. a good will shopping deal. The epi is a
really nice box.. rosewood, nice inlays, etc.. nice low action.. = now I
have to spend some time getting back into it, after making my hands nothing
but art rightis after running the nail guns and saws.   gotta love semi
retirement ?  ha.. that will be the day.

Got the second she door hung and adjusted today.. pics at 11.. LOL.  Finally
have the shop closed in.. sorta kinda..  needs more corner and rake trim to
be better. But it keeps the 'gale' out, which is saying something..  30 mphs
today.. was warm but blustery.

Keep sending the warm winds this way so I can keep doing stuff.. I get
cranky when it' s below 32 for very long. LOL

Jim