[elky] Re: Tuesday race car progress (as of Friday morning)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:20:26 -0600

I got a couple more things done today and the car is still at the alignment shop. Once that's done, I think the car's ready to take to the salt. I'll wanna do the oil and ATF change beforehand, but that's about it.

The exit is pretty hard to miss. It's Exit 4 and sez, "Bonneville Speedway." There's a truck stop and cafe there (great mexican food) and ya continue about 1.5 miles north, then follow the road as it turns back east ("the Bend in the Road") and go straight for about 3 miles (45mph limit...be real careful on that road) and yer there at the entrance to the salt flats. If ya have any problems, give me a call...I carry my phone with me all the time.

I gotta run, have a good one.

On 9/9/2011 9:25 AM, Chris Lindh wrote:
Awesome, completely awesome. I have had some crazy events happen lately that have kept me posting... but I'm here.

Are the salt flats a "you can't miss it" type of location, or will I need directions?