[elky] Re: Tuesday race car progress

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:02:19 -0600

I'll have to fold on that bet. Not that I don't like dogs, it's just that I...well...rather not have a cold nose in my...wherever. :)

However, I think your method otta have me outta bed RIGHT NOW! No snooze button on the dog, I bet.

On 9/6/2011 8:11 PM, Mary McCarthy wrote:
alll looks good,sounds good. I'll see your alarm clock and raise you one cold wet german shepherd nose.....

Maary

I had my alarm set for 6 ayem, but the timer in my head went off at 4. I spent quite a bit of time underneath the car tightening header bolts and the parking brake adjuster and a few other things here and there. By the time that was done it was daylight and time for the next stage:

This was the first time the car was on the trailer. We had a little trouble with the ramps, but nothing we couldn't overcome.

It got a ride to the muffler shop which revealed some minor leaks that I'll get right on...one of 'em was the ATF cooler lines at the transmission end. Both fittings were loose and the muffler dude (Main Street Muffler in Salt Lake City...I recommend 'em highly) tightened 'em up while it was on the rack.

Both straight pipes exit in front of the rear tire:

It sounds GREAT!

While it was at the shop, I helped Jim with an electric fan installation on his "race truck":

I dunno what vehicle the fan came from, but it fits like it was made for the darned thing. We got about halfway thru the install before it was time to go pick up the car from the muffler shop.

I parked it across the street from my house until Jim could help me unload it. I gotta admit that I'm not used to backing a trailer so it wasn't an easy thing, but eventually we got the job done: the car backed into the driveway and then the garage, the trailer backed into its spot beside the garage and then when I went to back my Camaro into the driveway, it had a dead battery. Fortunately, Jim was still here and we jump-started it and got it off the street....a good thing, cuz I still haven't gotten it inspected (safety) and smogged and it has no plates on it.

I'd say that qualifies as a busy day. I'm totally exhausted and I know Jim is, too. Ohh...I also got a big order for prints and I need to do a LOTTA printing (37 11x14s) before meeting the customer on Friday to deliver 'em. I may just say the hell with it and try to get some rest and hit it again early tomorrow....the 5-Hour Energy Drink (super strength) wore off about 6 hours ago. :)

It's gettin closer.