[elky] Re: Tuesday race car progress (as of Friday morning)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:40:05 -0600

In addition to getting the electric fan in Jim's truck wired up, I got more stuff done on the Monte Carlo (see the strikethrough on the list):

Gonna get it to the alignment shop this morning.

On 9/8/2011 9:02 AM, Ray Buck wrote:
Shift light's done.  Here are a coupla other things:

Retest fan & relay
Finish air filter mounting
finish hood prop rod (about half way...it may stay like this...but there's a prop rod that's a lot better than the jack handle I was using)
Add some sorta strap to hood to make opening easier
Clean/wax a coupla spots I missed.
Pick up new trailer ramps
Tire pressure
Change oil/filter
Add washers to a coupla header bolts
Remount coil on firewall
Adjust throttle linkage for WOT

Some of these things (like throttle linkage) can be done on the salt.  Btw, I don't think there's a problem with the left front spring clocking.  After just a little driving, it sits very level.

Gotta run, I'm doing prints for photo customers.

On 9/8/2011 7:51 AM, Chris Lindh wrote:
Great progress!  Alignment, water wetter, mount shift light, shakedown cruise?  The list is shrinking.  This is getting exciting!

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/6/2011 8:02 PM, Ray Buck wrote:
I'll have to fold on that bet.  Not that I don't like dogs, it's just that I...well...rather not have a cold nose in my...wherever.  :)

However, I think your method otta have me outta bed RIGHT NOW!  No snooze button on the dog, I bet.

NO, if you don't get up when her alarm goes off, she does her personal grooming until you scream.