[elky] Shop day in Saint Charles

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: El Camino List <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Straiker <tmstraiker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:17:34 -0500

I got out to the garage a little before 11 this morning, and swapped out the
Oxygen sensor on the EL Camino. Haven't run the numbers on the laptop yet,
but it started and ran fine. I pulled the Pathfinder right in after that.

I tried to get the calipers of on Tuesday with no luck at all. Thinking that
another few days with PB Blaster on the caliper hold down bolts would loosen
them up, I tried again today. Still no luck, so I got out the old Acetylene
torch ahdn heated them up, and they came off finally. I had to torch all 4
though. I had the brakes done by someone else a few years ago, so I thought
they would have been off, but it sure didn't act like it. 165K miles on it
now.

I think I still have the groaning sound, but only if I try to make it kick
in to ABS mode. I wonder if it might be ABS related, or maybe the master
cylinder.  I'll worry about it after Omaha. I'm sure it will be fine for
that trip.

Chris.... Do they make one of those fancy air filters for a 1999 Pathfinder
with a V6?

Also Nate is wondering about either a cold air intake, or a fancy K&N type
air filter for his 2007 Volvo C70 Turbo.

Let me know, so we can support our sponsors!!! Nate says he would do a
sticker too if you have them. I would put one in the back window of the EL
Camino too.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net