[elky] Re: New starter

  • From: "ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:09:33 -0400

  Yeah the throttle shaft can cause that too. There used to be a guy on
ebay that redid throttle shafts on TBIs but he didn't do TPI. My TPI one
needs some help but I just want it repaired and don't need bigger throttle
plates like most do at the same time.

          Robert Adams

I did have a problem with the really really high idle, and I changed the
temp sensor. That fixed it. It isn't really that high, and like I say,
settles down. But I know it could be better if the throttle shaft was
repaired.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE