[elky] Re: New starter

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 11:57:31 -0500

I didn't do much with the Elky at all this year, but plenty with the Monte.

I am interested in what you come up with on the Elky. I would love to get
some relief on the warm up too. It seems to idle much faster than it needs
to, and it's probably because it's rich. If it was in the middle of winter,
that's one thing. But on a warm day, it takes 5+ minutes to idle down on
it's own. I have the heated O2 sensor too.

Also, when I put it in park, it idles really high for a couple minutes. Some
of the problem may be the worn bushings. I have struck out on finding
another throttle body to rebuild. This one has all new sensors (IAC & TPS) I
know the butterflies stick when the idle screw is set from the factory. I
had to crank it up a ways, and that screws with the IAC ports. I have always
had that idle problem because of that.

I am sure happy with the overdrive at 40 instead of 30 chip you burned for
me.

Let me know how it goes.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net